New Delivery Tracking Service from Grand Valley Fortifiers
This new service now allows our customers to track their GVF premix orders in real time. This service has been created to allow for easier management of your busy days. By knowing exactly when your order is going to arrive you can maximise your efficiency and be on-site to receive the delivery if needed, without wasting valuable time not knowing when your order is going to arrive.
Customers who want to take advantage of this helpful service have two options to do so
GVF Order Tracker
GVF Order Tracker option can be accessed anytime by simply typing in your Location ID number(s) and clicking Track on the widget below. This will tell you the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) of your delivery! To request your Location ID number(s) please contact GVF Customer Service at 1-800-567-4400 or click here to email them. Once you have your Location ID number(s) you will be able to track all your present and future orders as your Location ID does not change. Please note this service is only available for deliveries shipped on our GVF delivery trucks. It is not available for GVF orders delivered on our partner Floradale Feed Mill trucks or for DSC orders.
GVF Active Alert
GVF Active Alert is the second and more powerful option to track your order. Once you’ve signed up, this new service will send you delivery updates, via text message or e-mail, on the status of your delivery. Text or email notifications are programmed to be sent once the truck leaves the GVF yard with an initial ETA, 45 minutes prior to your delivery, when the truck arrives at your farm and once the delivery has been made. Text and e-mail frequency can also be customized to your preference. To sign up for this service
Current Biosecurity Level
Threat Levels Protocols
The following charts briefly describe some of the protocols and precautions that are in place to protect our customers from bio-security hazards. At Grand Valley Fortifiers we take bio-security extremely seriously and are always working to provide the best and safest possible environment for our customers and their livestock.
- Truck Washing: daily – off site.
- Ramps & Carts: full use, always follow customer specific on farm protocols with regards to use of cart clean and disinfection after each use.
- Driver Boots and/or Clothing: always follow customers specific on farm protocol – weather, safety, and conditions permitting. If used, plastic boots should be disposed of on farm or returned to GVF inside a clean plastic boot and thrown into the blue bin.
- Hands / Glove Sanitation: cleanse hands as necessary.
- Mini Pallet Return: mini pallets may be returned following GVF pallet return protocol.
- Invoice & Delivery Ticket: leave all paperwork on farm according to customer’s requirement.
- Drums: may be unloaded and placed on farm using the cart and ramp.
- Blow Pipes: try to keep pipes as clean as possible during the delivery and if necessary sweep off and wipe off before putting back into the vehicle compartment.
- Product Returns: non-soiled products may be returned to GVF provided it has been authorized by GVF or Farmacy staff.
- Disposal of Plastic / Blue Boot Covers: disposable items worn on farm if not disposed of on farm or at the designated wash area should be disposed of in the blue bin at GVF.
- On Farm: follow customer specific protocol.
- Truck Washing: daily – off site, between stops if necessary.
- Ramps & Carts: limited use – only on non-affected species farms. Always follow customer specific protocols with regards to using of cart clean and disinfection after use.
- Driver’s Boots and/or Clothing: before exiting or re-entering the driver’s door area spray sole of boots with GVF approved disinfectant and use double plastic boots whenever entering a building on farm that houses animals. Plastic boots are to be replaced as necessary throughout the delivery before they are worn through. Plastic boots should be left on farm either in the garbage or under a rock, if this is not possible then put them inside a clean plastic boot bag and put them in the pallet box and dispose of at GVF.
- Hand/Glove Sanitation: before re-entering the cab of the truck cleanse hands with hand sanitizer.
- Mini Pallet Return: mini pallets may be returned from non-affected species farms following GVF pallet return protocol.
- Invoices & Delivery Tickets: leave all paperwork on farm according to customer’s requirements without causing further exposure to areas of the farm not previously accessed.
- Drums: may only be unloaded with the ramp by landing them on two compost mats, the customer is responsible for transporting them further onto the farm.
- Blow Pipes: wipe down pipes and spray with GVF approved disinfectant before putting back into the vehicle compartment.
- Product Returns: non-soiled products may be returned to GVF provided it has not been in a building that houses animals and has been authorized by GVF or Farmacy staff.
- Disposal of Plastic/Blue Boot Covers: bags of disposable items worn on farm if not disposed of on farm or at the designated wash area are to be disposed of at GVF in the designated bins beside the pallet shed.
- On Farm: when entering buildings on farm that house animals use the “double boot” theory. Follow customer specific protocols.
High Threat Level Protocol is to be implemented in conjunction with an outbreak as a supplement to CFIA guidelines.
- Truck Washing: daily – off site – disinfect prior to returning to GVF between stops if necessary at CFIA designated locations.
- Ramps & Carts: no cart use (bags or drums)
- Driver’s Boots and/or Clothing: before exiting or re-entering the driver’s door area disinfect soles of footwear and put on disposable coveralls. Pull on slip resistant plastic boots. Pull on blue boot protectors over top of plastic boots. Walk to the rear of the vehicle and open doors. Climb onto the back of the vehicle and remove blue boot protectors. Bring order to the rear of the vehicle. Re-apply blue boot protectors as you exit the rear of the vehicle and carry bags to the delivery point. If necessary repeat the above procedure. Remove blue boot protectors and dispose of in a garbage bag in the pallet box
- Hand/gloves Sanitation: wear disposable gloves or wear gloves that can be disinfected. Disinfect gloves if utilized during the delivery. Before re-entering the cab cleanse hands with hand sanitizer.
- Mini Pallet Return: Mini Pallets may not be returned.
- Invoices & Delivery Tickets: all paperwork to be left on farm stall be left within close proximity of the truck.
- Drums: drums can not be delivered as ramps are not being utilized.
- Blow Pipes: ideally use customer supplied blow pipes. If the customer does not have their own blow pipe, we will use GVF pipes. Every possible caution needs to be taken to keep the pipe as bio-secure as possible. Use blow pipe covers to help keep the pipes from becoming soiled. Wipe down pipe and spray with GVF approved disinfectant before putting back into the vehicle compartment.
- Product Returns: no product returns will be accepted at this time.
- Disposal of Plastic/Blue Boot Covers: preferably all disposable items used during delivery will be left on farm to be disposed of or drivers are to place items in garbage bags and placed n the pallet box. Bags should be disposed of at the designated off-site locations where the truck is washed and disinfected.
- On Farm: Stay within close proximity of the truck, do not enter the building on the farm that houses animals.Call ahead with ETA to inform the customer of delivery and to receive any delivery instructions. Only use designated access points to farm. If available review customer specific site plan to know where you can travel on farm. Follow customers specific and/or CFIA specifications on farm protocols.